Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Storm Sewer Extension 2010

Hi everyone. Hope everyone had a great new years. Ok I ran an analysis for a small pipe network and I noticed one thing about the results. It seems that the results for the velocity is calculated for full flow slope which is actually less than what it should be. The velocity should be calculated for depth of flow or pipe flow. If you notice below, my full flow slope calculations done on flowmaster came up with basically the same answer as Storm Sewer Ext. I looked around in all the settings to see how I could changed the formulas in SSE but I got no where. The only good thing about this is that when I re-insert the SSE file back into my C3D the hgl line will be shown which I can now manually edit. If you have any input please feel free to comment or even correct me if I have done something wrong on SSE.


3 comments:

  1. I think you want to choose a different analysis mehtod. I don't have it in-front of my right now but it is the detailed one at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok SSE was correct. Since the hgl was above the pipe you have to use the full flow calculations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah the hgl was right and it does calculate partical flow.

    ReplyDelete