- New File Tab Dashboard for opening drawings.
- Integration of Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 Productivity Pack 1, which includes create solids of pipe networks in section views, Autodesk Vault support for pressure pipes networks, and the new Export Civil 3D drawings commands.
- Advancement to Corridor modeling and features.
- New design criteria files based on Policy on Geometric Design of Highway and Streets, 6th Add., 2011 published by ASSHTO.
- Profile advancements such as more options for free vertical curves.
- Staggered corridor point code labels in section views are now available.
- Ability to export data to KML and KMZ formats
- Advancement to Subassembly Composer such as new Offset Geometry tool for adding positive and negative offsets to open or close shapes, input/output parameters for applying superelevations to a subassembly.
- The new AutoCAD point cloud object provides improved 3D navigation and visual fidelity and support for legacy point cloud file formats (.ISD files)
- New Geolocation tools have been added to the contextual ribbon.
The file tab dashboard is one of the new addition to Civil 3D interface. For those that use AutoCAD 360 web, it’s somewhat similar to that dashboard. In this dashboard, you can access recent drawings that have been opened.
The second, eye popping new features is the dark display for the color scheme. As a default C3D 2015 is set to the new Dark color scheme. You can easily change it back to the traditional light theme display in the Display tab of the Options display dialog box.
The workspace tools and features at the bottom have a new look. You can easily turn off and on features such as quick properties, grid, gizmo, and snap mode by selecting the last icon the left and checking the features you want on or off.
The Autodesk 360 ribbon has a new look with the addition of the AutoCAD 360 Web access tool.
The Autodesk Recap button has been added to the Insert ribbon. In addition, the ribbon has a slightly new look.
The Export Civil 3D Drawing tool that was part of the C3d 2014 productivity package is now incorporated into the Output ribbon.
You can find the Export to KML tool in the Toolspace, Tool tab.
The View ribbon has a new look to it.
Corridor enhancements such as frequency settings along curves can be set by increments, by curvature, or both. This will come in very handy.
The new Geolocation contextual ribbon has been added once you log into your Autodesk 360 account. I really like this feature.
Anyways these are just a new features that has been added to the new AutoCAD Civil 3D. I expect the software to be release to the public in 3-5 weeks. Stay tune to part 2 for a more in depth discussion about the new tools and features.