Wow what a busy week it has been. It’s always fun learning new things. Well we had some changes made at our company and it looks like I might be doing some platting also I did platting for a small firm for 5 yrs. a long time ago, and I don’t miss it lol. Anyways, here are a few more known issues posted by Autodesk. In addition, I have added a link for all the new documents for 2012.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
OK I have an interesting question for yall.
Scenario: Created a surface from my point cloud. The current coordinate system is set to UTM83 Zone 14 Meters and my drawing units is set to meters also.The surface elevations are correct.
Problem: When I extract contours from my surface the elevations of my extracted contours is in the wrong datum. For example my surface contour is 640 but my extracted contour is 192? I was curious why this happens?
Monday, April 25, 2011
Good afternoon everyone. So today I want to show you all the new help features that Autodesk has graciously added to the contextual tab. In the new C3D 2012, the Help contextual tab has been added. I think this will become a powerful tool in helping teach/train techs and engineers in your firm. I have listed below all the neat new features you will love.
- Learn AutoCAD Civil 3D Ribbon – provides links to the Help menu, What’s New, Tutorials, and Training Videos. The What’s New feature will provide you a detail list of all the new features that has been added, and a few short videos.
- Understand the User Interface Ribbon – provides links to Getting Started and Show Welcome Screen features. The Show Welcome Screen is the typically welcome dialog box you see when you open C3D for the first time with links to training videos.
- Additional Resources Ribbon – provides links to the Learning Path, Task Workflows, Knowledge Base, Discussion Groups, and Developer Resources.
- Involvement Ribbon – provides links to Customer Involvement, User Group, and Product Feedback features. The Customer Involvement feature allows you to partake in Autodesk surveys.The User Group features is a link to the Autodesk User Group International website better known as AUGI.
- About Ribbon – provides a link to the About AutoCAD Civil 3D feature where you can find your software license, version and product info.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Hi everyone. Tomorrow is a big day for Autodesk as they will have a live webcast from 8 am – 2 pm (PT). Autodesk will be showcasing all of their latest software solutions for infrastructure and design. This will be a great opportunity to check out all the latest features to Civil 3D, Map 3d, Revit and many more. I have provide link below to register. In addition, I have provide a link for future webcast hosted by Autodesk. Enjoy
Friday, April 15, 2011
Good afternoon everyone. Well this week has been busy for me. I just about finished rapping up our company templates and had our first luncheon and learn over sheet set manager, data links, plotting, and file structure. It ended up being a great meeting.
To change the subject, CIVIL3D.COM will be exchanging hands on May 2nd. After about 5 years of providing excellent posts and support, CIVIL3D.COM domain will be handled by Autodesk. I have provided a link below of James’s last post. Thank you for all the great years.
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Good morning everyone. Here is Autodesk Knowledge base issues that have been been posted. I hope everyone enjoyed the sneak peak of all the new features that will be coming with Civil 3D 2012. I will try to do a post later today on using the EXTTEXT command. In addition, don’t forget to watch the live webcast from IMAGINIT today on Storm and Sanitary Analysis. You can also follow me on tweeter for live webcast dates. Anyways thanks for stopping by and feel free to email me commits or request.