Friday, January 29, 2010

Storm Pipe Hydraulics Part II

I was looking over my hydraulics labels for my storm pipe and notice if my pipe flow direction method was not set to either "start to end", "by slope", or bi-directional" my calculation would not work because of the negative value of my slope. Another thing I would like to point out is that you can assign Manning Coefficient to pipes so you can use them for your formulas in expressions. I made a mistake in adding mannings coefficient in my formulas in expression. This will not work if my pipe is not RCP. I noticed this because I was using PVC for my storm pipe at some locations.

Another thing I would like to point out, is when you insert the stm file from SSE for your hydraulic calculations the flow rate you had assigned will be revised based off what SSE calculated. When I designed my storm pipe I assigned the flow rate based on cumulative flow. In SSE the Q inserted into each pipe sections is the amount being added and not accumulative. Now my storm profile labels for calculating velocity and depth changes. Now i have to figure out how to just add the HGL line into my drawing from the SSE file and not have it updated or recreate a pipe network structures. I will keep yall posted on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment