One featues that I really like is the Fill hatching on profiles. It's extremely simple to add this feature.
1. Right click on your profile and select Profile View Properties.
2. Select Hatch Tab. Notice that you have the option to show Fill, Cut, or both on your profile.
3. Click on the Fill Area.
4. Under the Profile column be sure to make the lower boundary your existing surface and you upper boundary your proposed surface.
5. Now click on the Shape Style if you want to change the fill hatching style.
6. In the Shape Style dialog box, you can change the pattern style at the bottom.