Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day 4 of AU 2012

Ok I’m back again. We have actually been having cold days here in Dallas, Texas. Last year we didn’t have a winter, just 2 cold days. Anyways, back to AU. Wednesday at AU was also another informative day. After the Grab & GO breakfast, I headed to my first class,s which was an advance SSA class. The class was taught by the SSA guru himself, Matthew Anderson. Out of the 50 so classmates attending, there was only 3 of us that were not engineers. There was actually another cad manager (Juan) from the DFW area that I knew and follow on tweeter. This class ending up being the second best class of the day. What I enjoyed about this class was Matt asking question first . He wanted to know what types of issue or problems we were facing with SSA. During his lecture and presentation he would answer those questions if could. I got a few of my questions answered in the class.

The rest of the classes were good but not great. The rest of the day I attended a Pressure Pipe Network classes, Applying SSA and Autodesk Navisworks to Subdivision Development class, Curbing with new featureline application class, and last but not least, the Raster Imagery for Mapping and Land Development class. The raster imagery class was the best class of the day. It was very informative with a great presentation. David Zavslan, CAD Manager for NV5 presentation covered over imagery features and comparisons  with Civil 3D, Map 3D and Raster Design. After what I saw, I was ready to go home and play around with raster design and see how I could incorporate the software into our company workflow.

After all the classes, I ended up going back to the Exhibit Hall to check our a few more booths. While I was there, I ran into a fellow USAF airmen. If you don’t know, I spend 4 years in the USAF in the civil engineering squadron in Florida. It was a great experience.  Anyways I had a good time hanging out with a USAF member again. In addition, I also spend some time with Christian Barrett, the AutoCAD Civil 3D Community Director at AUGI . We ended up having some great conversations. On top of that, I ran into the famous Lynn Allen at one of the booths. I just had to take a picture with her lol. After about 2 hours of checking our booths, I ended up leaving and went back to the hotel bar few a beers. See images below for pictures I took throughout the day. I felt and looked like a tourist lol.

 

20121128_201220  20121128_202951  20121127_200323  20121128_200137

20121127_192501  20121127_112711  20121128_114152 20121127_190502

No comments:

Post a Comment