Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tip of the Week: Fun with Character Map

Good morning everyone. I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend? I know I did watching the Texas Rangers win again. GO RANGERS!!! Anyways, the other day I was playing around with mtext and I was wanting to add some subscripts and basic math operations to my text info. Well after about an hour of messing around I found something very interesting and cool in the Character Map dialog box. Have you ever found yourself scrolling thru all the endless amounts of characters? Well I found an easier way to display characters by groups. What if you only want to display the math operation characters? Here are my steps on how to do this.

  • Open the text editor and select the Symbol pull down and pick other.The character map dialog box will appear.

image

image

  • Next on the Character set select Windows:Western.
  • Then select the down arrow for the Group by and select Unicode Subrange.
  • The Group By dialog box will appear. Here you will be able to choose from characters pertaining to that particular group. For example if you only want to see the math operation character you would select the Mathematical Operations group. Anyways I hope this information was helpful to you. See the short video for an example. Have a great week and GO RANGERS!!!

2011-10-25_2216

 

RANGERS

No comments:

Post a Comment