Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tip Of The Week

Good afternoon everyone. Well I have decided to try my best to post once a week now with a tip of the week. Hopefully these tips will come in handy for you. Ok today’s tip of the day deals with pipe networks.
Problem: When I swap a pipe or structure, the description name displays as the part family name and not the part list description name.

 

Solution: Open your Toolspace. Then select the Settings Tab. Right click on Pipe Networks and select Edit Feature Settings. The Edit Feature Settings dialog box will appear. Expand the Pipe Network Defaults. Change “Use Size Name From Part List As Description” option to YES. Then click APPLY and OK.



Now you can swap any pipe or structure and it will change the description to the Part List Name. Notice below that my sewer manhole description now matches my part list description name.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment