Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Adding Custom Assemblies To The Tool Palette

So today I was trying to think of a way to improve the productivity time with street design. I just completed a street improvement project for a 2 lane road with medians, transitions areas, superelevations and intersections. One thing I learned from this project was that I had created around 15 assemblies to meet my design needs. If I  could have had these assemblies already created in my tool palettes it could have saved me some time. So today i created several street section assemblies that followed 2 different city street design standards. After that I created a new tool palette for my new street assemblies. I did have a hard time trying to figure out how to drag and drop the assemblies into my new tool palette. I finally got frustrated and called my right hand man and tech support  guru Matt at DCCAD. He finally set me straight and told me what I was doing wrong. I felt dump afterwards because it was so simple. Anyways what I was doing wrong was using the grip that appears when I selected the assembly. I recorded a short video on how to do this. Thanks again Matt.. Now you can added tool palette to the template so everyone can use it. I did this in 2010 so correct me if I’m wrong, but you can’t do this in 2009.  Anyways thanks for stopping by.

P.S. Man did I want Butler to win tonight. It was probably one of the best college basketball games I have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment