- open up your base utility drawing or you base drawing that has your pipes and structures.
- open the quick properties and go into the customize or settings
- turn on slope and starting and ending invert elevations for pipes and hit apply
- select a null structure and when the quick properties pops up select description option
- a small pop window will appear. Type your description here.
- Now when you need to make changes to the slope or inverts, do them thru the quick properties because if you go thru the structure or even pipe properties the null description will reset. On top of that, if you even select the Connected Pipes tab in the structure properties your description will reset immediately.