So tonight I created a profile band label style that would display the hydraulic grade line jumps at structures. This band style would work great after you ran hydraulic calculations in hydroflow storm sewer extension and had imported the stm file back into the drawing. All your pipe and structure will now have hydraulic data. In addition, you would be able to display your hydraulic grade line in your profile. I first attempted to created a pipe label style to display the HGL but there was one flaw. When the pipe goes from full flow slope to partial flow, there was no way the pipe label could pull that data because the pipe property does not have that kind of data. So then I decided to created a profile band label. In order for this to work right I had to recreate my HGL line on the profile. See procedures and images below.
1. First I created a HGL profile by layout. I traced over the current HGL that is displayed by the pipe style.
2. Then I went into my profile properties and created HGL band style from my pipe data band set. Be sure that your band set is pulling from the correct profile data and data source. I also positioned my labels so they would display just above my pipe invert callouts.
3. Then I went into the pipe style composer and created a label that would display the grade line up.
4. Then I went back into my band style and edited my structure label style composer to display my grade line up. It was a little tricky getting both labels to line up next to each other.
5. Finally, I turned off my hydraulic grade line display in my pipe properties because I wanted to use the HGL profile that I created.
I know 2 other ways to label your HGL but I thought I would show yall this one first. Anyways, if you have a different way of doing this, please feel free to make some comments.