Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tip of the Week

How’s everyone doing so far this week? I hope everyone is enjoying the week. Last week one of my engineers was working onquantity takeoffs and he notices that my profile pipe label length did not reflect the alignment stationing.  So I took a look at the label style that was create (before I became the CAD Manager) and noticed that the 2D pipe length Center to Center was 122.2. So why was the label rounding up? We typically use the normal rounding standards. So I went into the pipe label style and into the Text Component Editor. Here I found out why my pipe label was rounding up. The pipe length precision was set to Round UP and not and not Round Normal. Some of you may be thinking what’s one foot right? Well if you are designing large subdivisions with a large storm, sewer and water pipe networks, that 1 foot segment can turn into 10-20 feet. That in turn can cost the client an extra $500-$2,000 depending on the type of pipe and size.  Anyways, I hope this information becomes helpful to a few of you. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend. Smile

 

2011-10-12_1458

No comments:

Post a Comment